The Championship for 2020 will be run mainly on trails and include midweek and weekend races. The races cover a variety of distances and terrain.
To Provide consistency, only the race coordinator will provide interpretations of the rules, scoring and other matters. The series coordinator’s decision will be final.
The series coordinator for 2020 is Kevin Murray.
- The Grand Prix will only be open to full members of Falkland Trail Runners who have paid their membership fee for 2020‑21 not later than 31st May 2020. Members will automatically be registered but they can opt out of participation by informing the Grand Prix coordinator.
- Only “first pick” members of FTR will be eligible to enter the Championship
- Points will only be awarded for events where your name matches your registration with Falkland Trail Runners.
- Points will only be awarded for events where you declare your club as “Falkland Trail Runners”.
- You do not have to wear your official club vest/top while competing in any of the counting events but it would be nice if you do.
- You can compete in as many counting events as you wish but you must complete a minimum of 8 events in order to be considered for an award.
- Age for category purposes will be the runners age at the time of the first race (11/01/20).
- Runners will get ‘position’ points based on their result:
- 1st Male runner gets 50 points, 2nd 49, 3rd 48, etc.
- 1st Female runner gets 50 points, 2nd 49, 3rd 48, etc.
- Position points from a maximum of 8 events will count. If a runner gets position points for more than 8 events, their best 8 will count.
- In addition, runners in the following age categories will receive bonus points for each race they run in as follows: F45 + 1point, F50 +2, F55 +3, F60 +4 F65 +5 etc. M45 +1 Point, M50 +2, M55 +3, M60 +4, M65 +5 etc. Bonus points will only be counted on a runners best 8 event scores.
- The total points for each runner will be their position points plus their bonus points.
- The top 3 Male and Female runners will receive Awards.
- The Top runner in the following categories will receive awards: Junior, Senior, 40, 45, 50, 55, 60, 65,etc
- Runners can only win one prize. If one of the overall awards is won by an age grouper, then the 2nd placed runner in that age group will receive the age group award.*
- In the event of a tie we will look at the head to head results between the 2 runners. The Runner with the higher cumulative score in head to head races wins.
- Runners who compete in 8 races will receive a Bronze Championship medal
- Runners who compete in 14 races will receive a Silver Championship medal
- Runners who compete in 19 races will receive a Gold Championship medal
- Runners who compete in 21 races will receive a Special Award
- Only 1 medal will be awarded per qualifying runner.
- Medals will be in addition to any other Championship Awards.
KING & QUEEN OF THE MOUNTAINS
Within the main Championship we will have an integrated King & Queen of the Mountains Competition.
The 5 hill races will score as normal within the main Championship and in addition we shall have these races as a separate mini Championship.
- Points coring is the same as the main Championship
- Best 4 scores only are counted. (you only have to compete in 4 of the 5 events)
- There will be no age category prizes. The top 3 males and top 3 Females will receive prizes
- The first female will receive a special Queen of the Mountains trophy. The first male will receive a special King of the Mountains trophy
Please note that all of the races shown in BOLD are provisional dates. These will be updated as soon as official dates are announced.
|FEB||2||Sat||15/02/2020||Loch Leven Parkrun||5K||09:30||Trail|
|4||Sat||28/03/2020||Birnam Hill Race||6.6K||12:00||Hill||KOM|
|APR||5||Wed||08/04/2020||St Andrews 5K||5K||19:30||Grass|
|6||Sat||25/04/2020||Normans Law Hill Race||4.25 Miles||15:00||Hill/Trail||KOM|
|MAY||7||Wed||06/05/2020||Strathkinness – Blebocraigs||7.2K||19:30||Road/Trail|
|8||Thur||14/05/2020||Kinnoull Hill Race||4.00 Miles||19:30||Hill||KOM|
|JUN||9||Wed||03/06/2020||Hill of Tarvit||5.50 Miles||19:30||Trail|
|10||Fri||05/06/2020||Templeton Trail Race||6.00 Miles||19:00||Trail|
|11||Sun||28/06/2020||Benarty Trail Race||5.00 Miles||14:30||Trail|
|13||Wed||15/07/2020||Newburgh Trail Race||4.25 Miles||19:30||Trail|
|AUG||14||Thur||06/08/2020||Balmullo Trail Race||5.00 Miles||19:30||Trail|
|15||Wed||26/08/2020||Caerketton Hill Race||3.5K||19:30||Hill||KOM|
|17||Sun||27/09/2020||East Neuk 10k||10K||11:00||Road/Trail|
|21||Sat||14/11/2020||Largo Law Hill Race||6.00 Miles||12:30||Hill||KOM|